Tuesday 13 March 2012

Guest Blog: ReallyRee - Get the PPQ Look!



We're putting our blog today in the capable hands of Ree from www.reallyree.com and this is what she had to say:



I was absolutely thrilled to have been asked by fabbie makeup brand FashionistA to go behind the scenes with them for their debut London Fashion Week Project.  And I have to say it really was the most extraordinary experience.

It all started with a meeting with Amy Molyneux and Percy Parker of high end fashion label PPQ, who had chosen FashioninstA as their official makeup partner for London Fashion Week. Exciting!!

FashionistA’s official makeup artist Katie Jane Hughes arrived full of ideas and she and Amy planned out the look for the show. It was seriously amazing to be involved this early on in 

the process and to see how ideas evolve.
Amy loved FashionistA's palette system where you can select individual shades and customise your own sleek professional palette. She said that her reaction to them was very "ooooh" and I definitely know what she means!
The next stage was the makeup test the night before the show. Seriously down to the wire! But that is how fashion works, so I pretended to be cool and calm about it!! Not sure I pulled it off as I tend not to do cool and calm very well!!

But Katie was cool and calm so that’s all that mattered... Lots changed in terms of ideas during the session but by the end of it, everyone knew what the models would look like (down to love hearts on their faces and love hearts on their nails) and it was super 
exciting!! Makeup and fashion heaven!

And then it was SHOW TIME!! Utterly terrifying!! It was also massively fun and FashionistA’s makeup artist Katie was a total hero. I did my best to get in the middle of the action without annoying anyone too much. I succeeded at the first bit, failed at the second bit, and spent most of my time saying ‘ooops’ and ‘sorryyyyyyyyy!’. Oh well. Considering that it is practically impossible not to get in anyone’s way backstage at London Fashion Week, I wasn’t too hard on myself!
The girls looked stunning in their FashionistA PPQ makeup looks and it was fascinating to watch all the plans come together. PPQ’s Amy and Percy were really happy with the makeup, not surprisingly – it was beautiful.
And then we took out (FRONT ROW) seats (yay) and watched the show! It was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. And I felt super proud to see the FashionistA faces looking uber fierce down the catwalk. Fabulous!
All that was left was some relief, celebration and making the ‘Get the Look’ video. I hope 
you love it!! I rocked my FashionistA PPQ look all the way home!

Love, FashionistA xo

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice fashion story. Nice video demonstrations and easy to apply. Elegant colors combinations.I learned a lot thanks for sharing.

    A webmaster of cosmetics

    ReplyDelete